Baked salmon gets big flavor with roasted orange slices, pomegranate seeds and organic spices.
Total Time: 35 mins Hands-on Time: 10 mins Makes: 4 servings
1 teaspoon Simply Organic Ginger Root Ground 1 teaspoon Simply Organic Sesame Seeds 1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic Garlic Powder 1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic Onion Powder 1/4 teaspoon Simply Organic Crushed Red Pepper
1 pound wild-caught salmon (such as sockeye or coho), cut into 4-ounce pieces 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil 1 tablespoon orange juice (or juice from an orange) 1 tablespoon honey 1 medium orange, sliced Seeds from 1/2 pomegranate (about 1/2 cup)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together oil, orange juice and honey. Generously brush the mixture on top of the salmon filets.
3. In another small bowl, whisk together dried spices. Sprinkle over the top of the salmon filets.
4. Place 1 orange slice on top of each salmon filet. Brush orange slices with remaining oil and orange juice mixture, then bake salmon for 12 minutes. Turn oven off and turn broiler on low. Broil the salmon for 3 to 4 minutes, until tops of oranges and salmon are caramelized.
5. Garnish with pomegranate seeds and serve hot.
Note Cooking time will vary depending on the thickness of the salmon and how close your salmon is to the broiler.
To have the spice mixture ready to go when you need it, prepare it ahead of time and store in an air-tight jar at room temperature. When you’re ready to make the salmon, simply shake jar and sprinkle onto salmon. It can also be used on other varieties of fish. To save clean-up time, cover baking sheet with parchment paper before adding salmon.