A homemade tree ornament recipe made with a simple flour and salt dough and cinnamon leaf essential oil.
Total Time: 3 hours Hands-on Time: 1 hours
1/2 teaspoon Aura Cacia Cinnamon Leaf Essential Oil
1/2 teaspoon Aura Cacia Clove Bud Essential Oil
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups salt
1 cup cinnamon
2 cups water
1 plastic straw
1. In a large mixing bowl, measure and mix dry ingredients. Add water and oil gradually, stirring continuously until liquid is completely absorbed. Knead for a few minutes. Cover and place in refrigerator for 1 1/2 hours.
2. Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
3. Roll dough flat on parchment paper to 1/4-inch thick. Cute with a cookie cutter or make your own designs with a small knife. Using straw, place a small hole in the top of each cut-out.
4. Place ornaments on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 1 hour.
5. Carefully remove baking sheet from oven, turn ornaments over and place back in oven. Bake for 1 more hour, or until ornaments are very firm, them remove and set aside to cool.
6. Thread with ribbons and hang on tree!
To renew the scent, just add a few drops of essential oil to the surface of the ornaments.