Baked salmon and root vegetables with organic rosemary and thyme come together in this simple, clean recipe.
2 teaspoons Simply Organic Rosemary Leaf Whole
1/2 teaspoon Coarse Sea Salt
1/4 teaspoon Simply Organic Black Pepper Medium Grind
1 teaspoon Simply Organic Thyme Leaf
2 medium carrots, sliced
2 parsnips, sliced
1 medium sweet potato, cubed
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
3 tablespoons orange juice
1 pound salmon, sliced into 4 filets
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. On a sheet pan (lined with parchment paper if desired for easy cleanup), toss carrots, parsnips and sweet potatoes in 1 tablespoon olive oil, 2 teaspoons rosemary, salt and pepper. Bake for 20 minutes, until sweet potatoes begin to soften.
2. While the vegetables bake, marinade the salmon. In a shallow baking dish, whisk together orange juice, remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, remaining tablespoon rosemary and thyme.
3. Place salmon fillets flesh-side-down in marinade. Allow to rest until vegetable baking time is up.
4. Remove vegetables from oven and push to the side of the pan (veggies will continue baking with the salmon). Add salmon, flesh-side-up, to the pan.
5. Bake for 12 minutes, until flaky.
In this Recipe: