These super-green almond matcha energy bites are power-packed with nutrients, flavor and lush, beautiful color. Featuring chia seeds, coconut, a rich medjool date base that pulls it all together, and organic almond extract that really makes the flavor shine.
Total Time: 15 mins Hands-on Time: 15 mins Makes: 9 servings
1/8 teaspoon Simply Organic Almond Extract
1 cup raw pistachios
11 medjool dates, pitted (about 2/3 cup packed)
2 tablespoons coconut oil, room temperature
1/2 tablespoon matcha powder + 1/2 teaspoon for topping
1 tablespoon chia seeds
1/4 cup coconut flakes, for topping
1. In a food processor, place pistachios and dates. Pulse until finely chopped.
2. Add coconut oil and 1/2 tablespoon matcha powder. Pulse until combined.
3. Remove processor blade and stir in chia seeds and almond extract.
4. Roll mixture by heaping tablespoons into golf-size balls and place on a sheet of parchment or waxed paper.
5. In a spice grinder (or your food processor if it can process small quantities), add coconut flakes and 1/2 teaspoon matcha powder. Pulse until well blended and transfer to a shallow bowl.
6. Roll bites in matcha-coconut mixture, and enjoy!
7. Store energy bites in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.