Updated: Nov 16, 2018
Grilled asparagus elevated with organic adobo seasoning and paprika.
Total Time: 5 mins Hands-on Time: 5 mins Makes: 5 servings
1 1/2 teaspoons Simply Organic Adobo Seasoning
1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic Ground Paprika
2 ounces slivered almonds
1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
1. In a dry 8-inch skillet, toast the almonds, stirring often, until fragrant and lightly golden, about 5 to 8 minutes. Remove and pour the almonds into a small bowl and set off to the side.
2. In a shallow dish, toss the asparagus with the olive oil, adobo seasoning and paprika.
3. Preheat your grill. Real wood charcoal tastes best, but gas works fine. Avoid instant-light briquettes as they make food taste like lighter fluid. Aim for medium-high heat – if your grill lid has a thermometer built into the lid, it should read about 375 degrees.
4. Once hot, lay the asparagus perpendicular to your grill grates and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, turning once, until fork tender yet still firm.
5. Serve on a platter topped with toasted almond slivers.
To trim asparagus, hold the end of one stalk between your thumb and forefinger and hold halfway up the stalk with your other thumb and forefinger. Bend the stalk until it snaps. Continue to snap all stems or line them up by the top ends and cut all the bottom ends off using your snapped stalk to measure where to cut.
In this Recipe: